Manual Lymphatic Drainage
Lymphatic drainage is an effective and relaxing technique useful in situations where there is excess fluid in the body, for example;
• Following surgical procedures such as knee/ hip reconstruction, hysterectomy, Mastectomy, post injury oedema
• Benign breast lumps
• Viral influenza if massaged in the early presentation of symptoms
• following tick bites to the head or neck.
• To assist in a detoxification process when losing weight or choosing a healthier diet.
Flowing and pumping movements are utilized to stimulate the major lymph nodes and to remove metabolic and cellular waste products from the body. Manual lymphatic drainage assists the body when there is an overload of fluid, as indicated in the above examples.
A few of the most commonly realised benefits include:
• Reduction in swelling
• Promote healing after surgery or injury
• Stress reduction
• Immunity boosting
• Relief from headache due to congestion
• Increased mental alertness
• Improved breast feeding